All photography provided by Jared Chambers
Learning to drive is key to youth's normalcy and growing independence.
Outline your solution here in 5 sentences or less. Paint a picture of what you want to see happen. Cras mattis consectetur purus sit amet fermentum. Maecenas sed diam eget risus varius blandit sit amet non magna. Etiam porta sem malesuada magna mollis euismod. Praesent commodo cursus magna, vel scelerisque nisl consectetur et.
- Remove DMV fees for foster youth
- Establish training for foster parents on teaching youth to drive
- Raise funds for foster youth lessons, practice hours and increased insurance costs
- Empower foster parents or caseworkers to sign for the license application and provide liability protections
- Remove insurance barriers:
- work with insurance companies to lower rates for foster youth,
- invalidate provisions requiring insurance in order to have a license (even if the youth does not have a car)
- allow youth to contract for their own insurance